Monday, July 9, 2012

Lovely

After reading today's Monday post from Bits of Splendor, I had intentions to share something else as my bit of spendor for the week, but then this song came on and I knew I had to share this instead.
It's another "love at first sound" song delivered to me courtesy of Pandora. 
{looking for late night writing inspiration, I put on Adele Radio and it didn't disappoint, not one bit}

For all us women, girls, ladies who occasionally and sometimes unexpectedly get distracted by our mirror images, in the labels sewed into the backs of our clothing,
or just the constant social stream & pressure of what is "sexy" or "trendy"
what make us "it-girls" and directs us on what  we "must have",
just listen to this melody, read these lyrics
let them silence that often sneaky voice of doubt, of self-concious, of ugly, of comparison
let these lyrics remind you of Who and in Whose image we were all created


I don't wanna be her
I just want to be little old me
Shouldn't have to think
Who am I suppose to be today
And what give you the right
To tell me who I should be
Who gave you that right

Cause I, I feel lovely
Just the way that I am
Yes I feel lovely
The way that I am

I know you want the best
Yeah only good things for me
But you have to realize
I can't be all these things you project on me
Cause I'm beautiful to me
Doesn't that mean a thing
I feel lovely
Just the way that I am
Yes I feel lovely

The way that I am

I need that to be enough for you
Need that to be enough for you
Cause it's enough for me
It's enough for me

Am I suppose to give up everything I am
Just to make you happy
I thought I was the one you
Always wanted me to be
It turns out I'm just little old me
I'm just little old me
And that's fine by me

Cause I, I am lovely
Just the way that I am
Oh yes I am,
Yes I am lovely
The way that I am
I am lovely lovely
I am lovely
{source}





This is my bit of Splendor that I share with you.
I hope you remember to be lovely just the way you are today.

~ Lauren

bits of splendor monday

No comments:

Post a Comment