Friday, June 22, 2012

call it a {sign}

{bedroom wall art}
I'm a collector of things.

Furniture
Maxi dresses
Scrapbook supplies en masse
Hard Rock Cafe guitar pins
Shot glasses from 'round the world
Picture frames
Costume jewelry
Tattoos
Memories
.....................so many things.

What I noticed today as I half-awake wandered around my menagerie wondering how I could possibly ever move if/when the time came & where I could even start with the de-cluttering that's years overdue now... {just breathe} ...I started noticing the text tucked away on shelves, magnetized on appliances, pinned on cork boards, placed strategically on ledges & windowsills as constant reminders.

Before the material goods took over, I was a collector of quotes. I still am.

I am often baffled at the reactions from people, who from the outside looking in, think I am always motivated, inspired, content. Truth is, it's a struggle more often than not. Life is hard. The to-do list, self-imposed as it may be at times, is overwhelming.

I need help. We all do.

Ive found that in those my moments of despair and even in those of peaceful clarity, I turn to words for comfort, healing, & inspiration.

At some point, without even knowing it, I started strategically placing some of my favorite literally breadcrumbs all over the museum I call my home.

And so with the thought in mind, "what good is any collection of works if it they can't be shared with the world?" I started snapping away with the intent of inviting you all to enjoy my collection of words with me.

Maybe you'll find one that inspires you.

~ Madame Curator LC



{Christmas present from my brother}
{corkboard, fridge art, & a journal that goes with me everywhere these days}
{Hallmark reminders & magnets with great messages}
{a reminder to not settle, I refused to be underwhelmed}
{family room signs, collections from exceptional individuals, signs from a Haiti fundraiser}

No comments:

Post a Comment