Sunday, June 24, 2012

{Fire} in the Sky


Napa Valley Sunset as seen from I-12 on June 16, 2012
iPhone 4, SOOC, no edit, no filter, just the absolute beauty of nature.
I took this photo on my way home from the best birthday weekend in a long time. 
The Coast was chilly as the sun went down, but inland it was over 100*
The temperature and the painted horizon kept changing colors at every turn. 
I was just one of the numerous cars and photographers stopped along the side of the highway that evening.
The sky was on fire and it refused to be ignored.

I don't get out with the "big-girl" camera as often as I'd like to, but I am very much attached to my camera phone these days.  I took over 300 pictures that weekend.
I was amazed at this image when I finally got a chance to look at it when I got home. 

I saw the contest at Love That Shot with the June 16th date and knew that I had to share this photo with a brand new audience. 
I hope you all enjoy this picture as much as I do.
~ Lauren

"The Heavens declare the Glory of God and the sky His handiwork."  Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment